Wednesday 19 December 2012

Food and Drink at Old Course Hotel ? A Guest Blog and A Great Cake

No Gravatar

Hello and welcome to Conference and Events,

My name is Fiona and I am the Conference and Events Manager at the Old Course Hotel. I will be telling you a wee bit about Conference and Events through my blog and give you some tips on making your events wow factor but at same time stress free.

However firstly I would like to share one of my favourite wedding cakes I have seen recently. I am a great fan of dessert and I am fascinated in wedding cakes that we have at our weddings. Whilst at the hotel I have seen some incredible wedding cakes from 7 tiers to single cakes personalised with the bride and groom figures to cupcake tiers. I find that small touches such as flowers and fruit can make a real difference visually to your pictures and make your cake more personalised. ?Recently we had a wedding where the bride and groom chose a chocolate cake that was superb! The minute I saw it I knew that it was special. I took a picture so you can see it yourselves:

This cake was made by Fisher and Donaldson a local family owned Bakery in St Andrews. Fisher and Donaldson has been in St Andrews for Five generations and are a must go to when visiting. I personally love their fudge Doughnuts and carrot cake. The Cake above may look like it is Chocolate but however it actually is a layer of succulent Lemon sponge and Victoria sponge with dark chocolate scrolls around it. The Scottish summer berries add sweetness to this cake.

Anyway I better get back to work, speak soon.

Fiona

Source: http://blog.oldcoursehotel.co.uk/foodanddrink/?p=398

Mens Gymnastics Allison Schmitt Olympic Schedule Kyla Ross Ryan Lochte Montenegro Olympic Games

No comments:

Post a Comment